PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentines Day Shirt

Jackson had pink day at school yesterday.  We didn't have anything pink for him, so I thought we'd embellish a shirt he's about to outgrow.  I thought it would also make a great Valentines Day shirt.

When I first started blogging a few years ago freezer paper shirts were all the rage!  I thought I'd give you a quick tutorial just in case you are a newbie and have never seen them;)

Step 1:  Print out on your computer whatever you want your shirt to say.  Make sure it will fit on your shirt.

Step 2:  Take a piece of freezer paper (shiny, plastic coated side down) and lay it over your print.  Trace your letters with a sharpie.

Step 3:  Carefully cut out the letters.  Make sure you save the little parts from the A's, R's, and B.

Step 4:  Position your template on the t-shirt and iron it on.  Use the little pieces to fill in your A's, R's, and B.

Step 5:  It would be easier with a pouncer, but I couldn't find one, so a stiff brush will do.  Just lay the paint on your letters and let it dry.  You can use fabric paint, but I just used acrylic craft paint.

Step 6:  Peel the freezer paper off and there you go!

Step 7:  Take a picture of your little Heart Breaker :)


I was just looking in my February archives, and I came across this picture of my daughter at the same age showing off the Valentine shirt I made her:


And then this one from last year...

Pooh!  They grow so fast!

Photobucket

3 comments:

A Little Of A Lot said...

So cute

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

LOVE!!!! :o)

your kids are so adorable!

Pamela Bates said...

what a hoot. Perfect! Love your 'heartbreaker' and his shirt.