PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Scrappy Rainbow Quilt-a-long: Week 5

I used a light gray Kona solid for the sashing (not sure of the name because it was in my stash already) and I'm so pleased with the results.




I think the light gray really makes all the color pop.
I used a standard 1/4" seam when sashing.  If you are making one exactly like mine, here are the cuts:

  • Cut 15 pieces that measure 3" x 12" for in between the blocks
  • Cut 4 pieces that measure 3" x 58" to seperate the rows
  • Cut 2 pieces that measure 3" x 72" for the sides
  • Cut 2 pieces that measure 3" x 60" for the top and bottom
I had plans to have this quilted for me by a local woman who helped me when I was quilting for the new book.  But she is booked up for the next few weeks.  ;(
I'm thinking diagonal straight line quilting using blue painters tape since I'm going to end up doing it myself?
Either way, I'll be quilting it over the weekend.  I can't wait to see the final results!  :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful!

L. Buchholz said...

I just love this! wouldn't you know I have been wanting to scrap together a bright colored quilt myself! This is simply beautiful!!! Great work! :)

Appleshoe said...

This is lovely; I also enjoyed your tribute to yellow. Take care.