PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 31, 2011

You Make Me Happy

When I sew sometimes I work in an assembly line fashion...I have fabric cut out for five pillows, but this one took me so long that I didn't get to the others!  It's the pebble quilting...so cute but time consuming...:)



(You Make Me Happy pillow available here)

Can I tell you a little bit about how my day went yesterday?

*Mr.  Potty Trained went into the bathroom himself to go number two.  He tried to dump his kiddy potty into the big potty but kind of made a mess.  So he decided to clean it up.  The bar of soap didn't work, so he got down the liquid soap.
Sigh...
I guess you could probably imagine the look on my face when I walked into that one!

*I am not a big TV watcher,especially the news.  Usually when the kids are at school I listen to music or enjoy the silence.  So imagine my surprize when I walked across the kitchen yesterday and saw my neighbors play house roof fly off because of the wind?  I screeched like a mad woman..."Everyone in my closet!!!"  There WAS a tornado warning out but I had no idea.
You should see my neighborhood...trees down, pool screens ripped, the whole nine yards.
Today is supposed to be just as bad but at least I know now.  Ha!  Praise God no one was injured...just lost power for a couple of hours.

 I had grand plans to work on rest of the pillows last night so I could show you today, but I decided instead to make popcorn and have movie night with the kids.  I think I love "Tangled" more than they do...:)

Have a great day!
Tomorrow is my last shop update day, so I'm off to do a little work :)
xo,
Chrissie

6 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

So glad you are ok! Love the pillow and really enjoyed window shopping at your etsy shop. I am seriously considering purchasing a checkbook cover. They are so cute.

Amanda said...

Wow! Glad to hear you guys are ok. I just love all your rainbow activities!! And I love how the pillow looks like a puffy cloud!!

Artsy Matilda said...

I work in a vintage/antique shoppe and every time we get a quilt in the door I think of you! It's a lovely thing to associate a sweet friend with something so unique and precioius! Love this pillow! Sorry you had a Dorothy kind of day yesterday --- hope it's blissful this day. xoxo

Rachael said...

love, love, love the pillow. so creative!

Ruth said...

Oh my goodness. I am glad to hear that everyone is okay.

I can't imagine what it was like when you walked in on your little one "trying to clean up his mess."

Your pillow is beautiful and looks so comfortable.

Ruth

Amanda K said...

The happy pillow is SO adorable! Lovely work.