PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Turning Twenty Again...Finished

Remember last November when I showed you this quilt top that I was making Ashton for Christmas?  I said I was going to send it off to a quilter to quilt if for me, but then I never did.  I finally did it myself.  Just in time for his 6th birthday.  In July.  Ahem.
I used blue painters tape to quilt straight lines.  Well. sort of straight.  They  measure about an inch apart.
The back:
You know when you make a quilt and finally get it on the bed then you want to change everything else in the room.  Of course.  So I'll be working on that.  Some new (or thrifted curtains) are in order.
Ashton and Jax are sharing a room, so we've got a crib in here too.  Soon it will be time for a big boy bed.  Maybe a bunk bed?  Now that would mean another quilt.

It's a vicious cycle...but I love it.

7 comments:

sara said...

LOVE, love, love the quilt!!!!

sara said...

P.S. Do you mind if I post a pic of the quilt on my blog?

Mary said...

you did a fabulous job!! love the bright colors!!

Rhonda said...

I love that quilt too! you did a great job,
and sadly, before you know it, you will be making him and his wife a queen size quilt for their wedding.

children grow up way too fast.

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

it turned out lovely!! the colors and the lines are so pretty, or I mean handsome (as my son always reminds me) :)

Joji said...

Love the colors....

Adrienne said...

the quilt looks great chrissie!! yesterday, i attached the binding on the one that i started last summer (ugh)... hand stitching the back today. i love it and will post it soon.