PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Feature Artist: Sandy Mastroni

This week's featured artist from Sharing Stitches is Sandy Mastroni.  Sandy is an extremely talented artist whose paintings are featured in galleries all over the country such as this oneClick here to see some of the work they carry of hers.
Sandy is a very humble artist, but I told her I was going to tell you all about her anyway.  :) 
She has illustrated two book covers, both for Antrim House Books.  She's been a working artist for 35 years, selling in gift shops, catalogs, and art shows.  She has a wonderful etsy shop too filled with art dolls, pillows, clocks, prints, original paintings, and illustrations.
Sandy is a very intelligent and fascinating woman.  I am enthralled with her anthropomorphic work...everyone and everything she makes has it's own personality.  She is also multi-talented.  She combines her paintings to make mixed-media pieces.  Her sewn pieces and sculptures are amazing.



Sandy has so much work to look at that you may be at her flickr site all day long!
Check her out here:




Thanks for indulging me Sandy.  You are an amazing artist!

4 comments:

Meg Mitchell said...

You couldn't have chosen a more fantastic artist to feature. Sandy's work is good for your soul and she's a great lady to boot. Her work lifts your spirits with just a chuckle or two.
Meg

Ronnie said...

Well said, dear Chrissie! Sandy is a great choice. I don't think she has a clue how amazing she is. I LOVE Sandy and her amazing art and have a bunch of it classing and cheering up my home.
I can't wait to see your book with Sandy and Jerry and all the other artists I know and love. I'm heading to Amazon now.
Way to go, girl!

Sandy Mastroni said...

Thank you Meg
Thank you Ronnie
Thank you Chrissie

Cindi Myers said...

How exciting!!!!
I adore Sandy's work!!!
She's amazing!
Perfect choice!