PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Let's make a quilt!

When Old Red Barn did a Quilt Along, lots and lots of people were inspired.
Me included. I have plans to make this quilt for one of my boys as a Christmas gift.
But first, I'm going to make this one. Except it's gonna be a lot cooler.
This quilt is originally called Country Hearts (by Jackie S. Underwood).
I plan on using waaaaaay more updated fabrics, including pieces of my daughter's now outgrown wardrobe. Sara's mother made an adorable one using baby girl clothes and I filed it somewhere in my brain archives.
Are you interested in making one with me? I will break it down STEP-BY-STEP and be available to answer any questions that you have. I don't have any quilting buddies in my real life:), so how about we make a blogging quilt circle. If you are interested leave me a comment and I will start a real tutorial.
If not, I'll show you my progress anyway.:)
oh!, and thanks for the sugar advice. I'll let you know how we do.

5 comments:

lori vliegen said...

what a cute quilt....and i LOVE the idea of using your daughter's outgrown clothes! i can't wait to see how this turns out! :)

Adrienne said...

i'll be your quilting buddy! i made my first quilt this year :) i've been looking for a pattern though, so i'm not quite ready. i saw the one over at sara's, such a cute memory for her!

Kelly Warren said...

Not that I don't have anything else on my plate already, but I'd love to give it a shot. I've always wanted to learn! :-)

Ruth said...

I am so interested. I have always wanted to quilt and don't have any real life quilting buddies either.

Can't wait.

Ruth

Martha Lever said...

Thanks, Chrissie! I would love to try a quilt. I'll be your buddy.