PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Featured Artist-Julie Abbott

I've never featured another artist on my blog before, but I really wanted to share this woman's work with you. She is a folk artist and when I found her blog last week, I felt like I had stumbled upon a secret place full of art made just for me!
I love her use of colors and the simplicity of them all.

When I showed my husband her work, he said, "It looks like something you would make honey." Lo and behold, when I saw this my jaw dropped. Remember this one that I painted only a couple of weeks ago? Crazy coincidence.

Her quotes are beautiful and really pull on my heart strings. As soon as I have a little money saved, I am commissioning her for an original piece.

Take a look at her blog and leave her some love.
I love an artist whose work speaks to me, and inspires me. Julie does just that.

4 comments:

the undomesticated wife said...

OOo, I love her art! Very fun and funky (just my style!)...and yes, that is a HUGE coincidence!!! Whoa! Same verse, and very similar paintings!

Ruth said...

I love the color and the quotes. Thanks for sharing her art with us.

Ruth

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very pretty...love the quotes!

I saw your recipe with marshmallow creme...I mix it with strawberry cream cheese..oh yum!
sandy toe

lori vliegen said...

i can see why you fell in love with julie's work....it's fabulous! :)